The Irish Moss is the ever popular traditional drink for Jamaican men who believe that it gives them more stamina in love making. Whether it is true or just in the mind, the drink stays consistently popular.
1/4 lb Irish Moss
2 oz. Isinglass
2 oz. Gum Arabic
2 oz. Linseed
1/2 can Condensed Milk
2 tbsp. Vanilla Flavoring
1 tbsp. Nutmeg
2 qt. Water
1. Wash the moss remove to remove all foreign substances
2. Soak in water for 24 hours and throw off the water.
3. Add moss, linseed, isinglass, and gum Arabic boiling water.
4. Boil until everything dissolves except the moss.5. Strain off the mixture in a pitcher.
6. This mixture will be very thick. Add water to dilute to acceptable thickness level.
7. Add your nutmeg, vanilla, condense milk, and sugar.
7. Sweeten to taste.
8. Add more vanilla, nutmeg, condense milk, and sugar if needed to get the taste the way you want it.
9. Place the mixture to cool in a refrigerator for at least 4 hours.